Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Great Vegan/Vegetarian Resource

I was looking online for some new recipes to change things up a bit, and came across this great source from PETA:

http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/recipes/default.aspx

I like this source because it breaks into meal categories, and there are a wide range of recipes. Some of the recipes are not vegan, but substitutions are easily made when an egg/dairy product are used in the vegetarian recipes. I made the meatballs in the 'sweet and sour meatballs' but without the sauce, and sauteed them without the crumb crust- they were GOOD! (I sauteed the onions and peppers to put into the meatballs)

I did not get around the making the applesauce yet, but I have the apples so I will need to try it soon!
I made another green smoothie this morning bu used a whole navel orange (without the peel, of course), and while the flavor is really good, the texture is a little weird. I'm attributing this to the fact that I'm not a big pulp fan in OJ, and this definitely had a lot of pulp. Maybe next time I'll use half an orange or so to decrease the texture.


On a side note, I went to my weight lifting class last night and felt much stronger and had a longer stamina for the workout. I upped my weights because I had such a good class! yay!


Meatballs:
12 oz. beef-flavored vegetarian sausage roll (try Lightlife Gimme Lean—www.lightlife.com)
1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
Egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs (I use Ener-G)
A dash each of salt and pepper

Green Smoothie #2
2 handfuls of kale
1/2 banana
1 peeled navel orange
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup almond milk

No comments:

Post a Comment