Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Green Tea Mango Smoothie and Spinach Artichoke Dip, Yum!

So far so good with the Vitamix, although I have run into a few snafu's due to my inexperience. I made a late night treat of a Green Tea Mango Smoothie last night- I made it a little too icy and when I went to pour it into a cup - didn't move at all initially and then ALL of it came down at once, spilling over the edge of the cup. (this might have been avoided if I were following a recipe and not winging it!). The smoothie was good, but a little watered down. I might try making the tea with almond milk next time to make it a little richer tasting for a late night treat.
This morning I made the same green smoothie I made yesterday, but replaced the blueberries with pineapple. I added all the frozen fruit at once and got a GREAT smoothie to start my day! Practice makes perfect!!
For lunch I couldn't resist trying another recipe, so I pulled out the getting started cookbook and whipped up some spinach artichoke dip with vegan versions of items, of course =) Making the dip took a whole 2 minutes, but had to bake in the oven for 20. I used hint of lime chips which WAY overpowered the dip, but in tasting it alone and on saltines it was delicious! I only ate about 1/7 of the dip so there are plenty of leftovers to share! (I was thinking this would also make an AWESOME spread to put on sandwiches!)
Tomorrow I'm thinking about trying to make the raw applesauce recipe, will report how it goes!


Green Tea Mango Smoothie (needs revision, but here's what I used the first go around)
2 bags green tea
1/2 cup hot water (make tea, let brew, then add ice cubes to cool)
1/2 fresh mango
~15 ice cubes

Spinach Artichoke Dip (getting started cookbook)
1/2 cup veganaise
1/2 cup Tofutti 'better than' sour cream
1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
salt
pepper
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 can artichoke (add at end, only blend 3-5 seconds on variable 3)- I doubled the amount of artichoke =)

1 comment:

  1. This is old, but to anyone reading this try using matcha instead of making tea- you only need a little :-)

    ReplyDelete