Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Green Smoothie and Panang Curry

I took a week's vacation in the Florida Keys this past week and regrettably fell off the band wagon with my diet and exercise regimen I have been so good about the past few months. It was beautiful and so much fun- but it's definitely time to kick my diet and exercise into high gear again!!

I made a green smoothie this morning with a few new ingredients and it was SO GOOD!! I used spinach as always, banana, fresh mango, fresh unsweetened coconut shavings, and coconut water. The mango added a perfect amount of sweetness and the coconut shavings added a unique texture and flavor. (I purposely did not blend the coconut to pulverize it- such a good decision!) This will definitely be a new favorite!!
Here are all the yummy ingredients in my vitamix!!


This evening I made a dish I have been CRAVING weekly since I first had it a few months ago. This was my first attempt at this dish, but I would say I knocked it out of the park! The ONE thing I would change would be to thicken the sauce a but more with either flour or cornstarch. The flavor was perfect though, and I will be having this again soon!!
I began by making some brown rice, then I created the sauce by slicing the peppers and cooked for about 8 minutes, then added the cubed tofu and simmered for an additional 5. It was surprisingly simple and delicious! (for my non vegan friends/family...instead of tofu you can add chicken or whatever!) Here's a pic of the sauce n veggies over brown rice.

***Edit: I made this again this past week and added 1 tbsp flour to thicken the sauce and it was PERFECT*****

Coconut Green Smoothie
2 large handfuls of spinach
half of a fresh mango
half a banana
2 tbsp shaved coconut
1 1/2 c coconut water

Panang Curry Tofu
brown rice
1 package extra firm tofu
1 large red pepper
1 large green pepper
1 13 oz can Tahitian coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
***1 tbsp flour

No comments:

Post a Comment